As a community of women created in the image of God, called to discipleship in Jesus Christ and empowered by the Holy spirit, we commit ourselves to grow in faith, affirm our gifts, support one another in our calling, engage in ministry and action, and promote healing and holiness in the Church, in Society, and the World.
All women are invited and encouraged to take an active part. As a member of Faith Lutheran you are automatically a member of the women’s groups and activities.
WELCA Nationwide (Women of the Evangelical Church in America)
- WELCA has 8,596 units in congregations of the ELCA in 64 synods.
- WELCA exists to help women name and claim their daily ministries.
- WELCA is a partner in the total mission of the church. WELCA has programming in theological leadership development, and retirement and estate planning consultation, as well as cross-cultural programming.
- WELCA provides grants for programs and projects that address the needs of women and children in crisis, especially the crisis of poverty, AIDS, and domestic violence.
- WELCA has scholarship programs for ELCA lay women, women seeking ordained ministry, and women in leadership in ELCA institutions.
- WELCA receives all its funding from participants in the organization and from endowments set up by predecessor organizations and individual women of faith.