Weekly Announcements – Sunday, September 18
- Thank you to Bill Brunkow, Dennis Baader, Jean Jahn, Joanne Zimmerman, and Skip Larson for digging out an old stump and planting our new maple tree in memory of Mike Kropp. They did a fantastic job.
- We had 8 ladies and 1 guy join our new vocal choir last Tuesday. We need more! Please consider coming to our next practice on Tuesday, Sept. 28th at 7pm and help us out. We hope to sing at church the first time on Oct. 2nd.
- One more bell ringer is needed for this year’s choir. Can you read music and like to have fun? Please consider joining our group. We practice every Tuesday at 6pm. Call Julie right away if interested. 507-390-0006.
- The first meeting of the “Merry Widows” will be held at Pastor Chris Fossum’s house at 1053 Fairway Drive up by the golf course. It will be a salad potluck at noon and all women who are widowed (or feel like it because of caregiving etc.) are invited to come. We will discuss the purpose of our group and what we would like to see it do. For more information, contact Pr. Chris at 763-439-1125.
- WELCA’s next meeting is Tuesday, October 4th at 10am at church. We are currently looking for vendors at this event. Contact Marlene Mayhew at 507-202-9874.
- Can you tie a knot? That’s all the quilters need! Say “Yes!” to a morning of fun on Tuesday, Oct. 18. Lunch provided. Sign up sheet in the Welcome Center.
- Food Share Item for September: Mexican Food! Suggestions are rice, refried beans, taco sauce, salsa, taco seasoning, and tortillas.
- Shepherd for September: Dar Jones at 565-4345. Call her with any congregational joys or concerns.
- We save pop tops on the wooden shelves in the Welcome Center.
Attendance last week: 9:00am =59 and 10:30am =20 Total: 79
Weekly offering needed: $3,819
Sept. 11 offering: $2,758
Sept. 11 Building maintenance: $277 Total: $9,262
Members of Faith:
Pat Dahl (rehab at Plainview nursing home)
Larry Anderson (successful heart transplant surgery on May 4th)
Robert Smith (vision problems)
Heidi Purvis (breast cancer)
Ruth Mathias (Parkinson’s Disease)
Jerry Mathias (heart issues)
Don Schreiber (heart and eye issues)
Friends of Faith:
Sharon Schied (bone cancer) cousin of Les Hinkle
John Justice (inoperable brain tumor) friend of Rollie & Dorothy Kallstrom
Robin Klande (cancer) friend of Dar Jones
Mike Hoover (major surgery for cancer May 5) close friend of Les & Carolyn Hinkle
Kyle Karger (blood cancer) Chad Meurer’s step-dad
Gayle Karger (breast cancer) Chad Meurer’s grandmother
Sophie Peterson (stage 4 round cell sarcoma at age 26) Dorothy Kallstrom’s brother’s Granddaughter
Nancy Krumrie (fall, now home) Pr. Lyle’s wife
Trudy Busch (continued difficulty with cancer) Val Zabel’s sister
Cheryl McCarthy (myeloma) Val Zabel’s sister
Charlotte Cummings (anemia) sister of Carol Prescher