Week of May 19th, 2019
- LET’S GIVE PASTOR DICK REHFELDT a wonderful, Faith Lutheran Church Welcome! He will be our summer supply pastor while Pastor Dave is gone on his sabbatical. Please introduce yourselves!
- THANK YOU TO Jean Jahn, Brad Kohler, Marlene Mayhew, Joanne Zimmerman, Lauri Hassinger and Steve Link for freshening up the mulch. Thank you to Jerry Lecy for lending his trailer. Thank you to Michelle Gorder for clearing out the hosta bed. The gardens all look so nice and are ready for summer!
- THE SALAD LUNCHEON was another success due to our wonderful volunteers. Thank you to all who contributed in food or time. Thank you especially to Dorothy Kallstrom and Marleen Mayhew for being co-chairs for this community event.
- WE WILL BE CLEANING OUR HIGHWAY SECTION right after church today. Please stay and help if possible.
- THE RED CROSS BLOOD MOBILE WILL BE IN WABASHA on Tuesday, May 28th from 1-7pm. For appointments call Jan at 651-564-0355. Walk-ins are welcomed but making an appointment is suggested to save your time. Did you know one car accident victim can use as many as 100 units of blood? Please give. Save a life.
- OUR SYNOD ASSEMBLY OFFERING THIS YEAR is being directed to Good Earth Village and Campus Ministries. We have a goal of collecting $250 from as many churches in our synod as possible. If so, we’ll be able to give $40,000 to support these important ministries which impact our youth and young adults as they walk through a critical time of their lives. If you donate, please mark on the memo line of your check “Synod Offering”.
- WOULD YOU LIKE TO MOW THE LAWN AT FAITH? Please sign your name by the week(s) you choose. The lawn mower is in the maintenance shed and a can of gas is available. Thank you!
- THE BACKPACK PROGRAM is looking for drivers to deliver backpacks this summer, beginning May 30th. If you are interested in helping, there is a sign-up sheet in the Welcome Center.
- FAITHBOOK BOARD…Post a favorite picture on our NEW FAITHBOOK board in the welcome center! Bring one from home or if you want to print a picture from your phone, you can do it here right now. Step 1: Connect to the printer through its own wifi. Go to your settings and find “FLC PRINTER.” Step 2: Go to your photos. Pick a photo then tap on the share icon. Step 3: Choose print. Photos are instantly dry when it comes out of the printer. Step 4: Tape it to card stock and write a message. Don’t forget to include your name so we know who’s great picture this is! VISITORS please share a picture of yourselves so Pr. Dave can see who visited while he is on sabbatical from May 13th-to August 12th. Pr. Dave will share some photos and messages for the office to print while he is gone too.
- CHECK OUT OUR UPDATED LIBRARY… in the welcoming center and in the fellowship hall. For now each book should have a card with a pocket or paper clip. Write your name on the card and put it in the dishpan (welcoming center) or the wooden box (library). Books are still being added from various donations over the years. May’s emphasis is on women and their faith. Most of the books on this topic are in the welcoming center, but some are on the shelves in the library.
- Summer Sunday Worship Schedule – 9:00 am.
OUR SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICES ARE ON LOCAL CABLE TELEVISION THREE TIMES WEEKLY.
- HBC Channel 20: Sundays, 11am and Wednesdays, 4pm.
- Midcontinent Channel 6: Tuesdays, 11am.
- Previous worship DVDs available in the office.
- The last two Sundays are available on our web site for viewing anytime