Week of September 8, 2019
BEGINNING TODAY, SEPTEMBER 8TH, New Spiritual Direction Groups will meet from 4:30-5:30pm here at Faith. Anyone interested in being a part of a small supportive group to grow in their faith should come to this first meeting to learn more about it. See Pastor’s second page article in your September Newsletter for more information.
OUR WEDNESDAY MORNING BIBLE STUDY GROUP is learning through Jan Mosher’s experiences at the recent Nation Assembly for the ELCA. Come and join the discussion. All are welcome. It is very interesting.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 6TH is God’s Work, Our Hands Sunday. This year we plan to show our support for the Ronald McDonald House in Rochester by “stuffing” their family mailboxes. We are asking for donations of small stuffed animals (new, with tags left on) to place in bags we will be decorating between services. We need to decorate 70 bags, so all hands and artwork will be appreciated. We will also be hosting another Bingo party for our friends at Great River Homes that afternoon. Everyone is welcome to join in the fun. We are asking for $5 gift cards from Subway, Kwik Trip or Dollar General to use as prizes.
A basket is in the Welcome Center for stuffed animals and gift cards should be put in offering plates or given to secretaries. Please join us Oct. 6th, as we celebrate who we are as a church, freed in Christ to love and serve our neighbor.
FAITH’S FOOD SHELF FOCUS FOR SEPTEMBER is produce from your gardens. Please drop off any time the church is open. The office will make sure it gets to the food shelf promptly. Thank you!
SCHOOL SUPPLIES NEEDED – Faith’s Kids For Christ group are looking for donations for the Lutheran World Relief school kit project again this year. Supplies can be left on the wooden shelves in the Welcome Center. We can ONLY accept the following items: draw string back packs, single subject spiral notebooks, crayons (24/pack), small scissors, blue or black ink pens, pencil sharpeners. (We do NOT need pencils or erasers this year.)
W-K COMMUNITY OPPORTUNITIES
- POWERFUL TOOLS FOR CAREGIVERS program is an educational program designed to help family caregivers take care of themselves while caring for a relative or friend. The workshops are on Mondays, Sept. 9th to Oct. 14th from 2-4pm in the Sr. Gerina Room at St. Elizabeth’s. It is free and open to the public. Register online at www.ccsomn.org or call Sue at 507-450-0287. More information on the poster on the bulletin board.
- SUICIDE IS THE 8TH LEADING CAUSE OF DEATH IN MN. The Wabasha County Mental Health Action Team, in collaboration with the Regional Mobile Crisis and Suicide Prevention Program are hosting 4 different one-hour training sessions to equip you with skills that can help someone. They are on Thursday, Sept. 12th at 10am & 4:30pm at the Wabasha County Jail and Friday, September 13 at 9:30am & 4:30pm at St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center. Please see more information on the poster on the Welcome Center bulletin board.
- FRIENDS OF THE LIBRARY invite you to their 8th annual author’s luncheon on Friday, September 13 from 11:30-1pm at the VFW featuring author P.S.Duffy. $20 a person includes lunch. More information on the bulletin board in the Welcome Center.
- MAYO CLINIC HOSPICE is offering specialized Grief Support Groups running Mondays, Oct. 7 thru Nov. 25, 5:30-7pm in Wabasha for adults in the community who have lost someone through death. The groups are free and open to the public, but advanced registration is required before Sept. 20. There is more information on the flyer on the Welcome Center bulletin board or call 507-284-4002 or email [email protected]
- September 8th – Worship returns to 8am and 10:30am
- September 8th – Sunday School Resumes
- October 6th – “God’s Work; Our Hands” Sunday
OUR SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICES ARE ON LOCAL CABLE TELEVISION THREE TIMES WEEKLY.
- HBC Channel 20: Sundays, 11am and Wednesdays, 4pm.
- Midcontinent Channel 6: Tuesdays, 11am.
- Previous worship DVDs available in the office.
- The last two Sundays are available on our web site for viewing anytime